When we were children, we may not have paid much attention to our dental health. To the point that many people have tooth decay before the age of 2 digits, but it’s just baby teeth. When it falls out, new, stronger teeth emerge. But when grown up Teeth no longer change in life. Broken and broken Dental care is therefore more necessary than you think. Because if there is a problem with your teeth Not only can we easily stop enjoying the food in front of us, but the cost of dental treatment can leave you feeling stressed for days.
Tooth erosion and sensitive teeth are another symptom that, although less painful than tooth decay, or other oral diseases But it also creates quite a bit of difficulty in our eating.
What is tooth erosion?
Worn teeth, or tooth erosion, is a condition in which the enamel on the outside of the tooth fuses, peels off and disappears. Causes changes in the appearance of teeth, such as deep holes in the teeth. until food particles easily get stuck It can cause tooth decay if cleaning is not taken care of well enough. Or if the enamel surface is further eroded down to the dentin. May cause tooth sensitivity. It creates a tingling, tingling pain when eating very cold, very hot food or chewing tough or hard food.
Which teeth are most likely to have symptoms of tooth erosion and sensitivity?
Most teeth are worn, eroded, or have tooth sensitivity. It can happen to any tooth. But the most common are the front teeth that are used for biting and tearing food, which are often used without care. and all teeth used for chewing food Because there is a touch Rubbing violently against food and with the teeth always chewing and grinding together
Risky behavior, tooth erosion, tooth sensitivity
- Eat sour food
If you like to eat sour food, such as oranges, lemons, sour mangoes, madan, tamarind, or fermented foods often. This may accelerate the peeling of the outer enamel. Observe that if while you are eating your teeth feel a little frayed or sensitive, it means that your dental health is deteriorating. The more you turn to eating very sweet food. or there is immediate coldness. You will be more aware of the sensation of tooth sensitivity.
- Eat hard and sticky food
Excessive use of teeth in the chewing part, such as eating tough grilled meat. Chew cartilage regularly It also stimulates tooth enamel to peel off more easily.
- drink soda
In addition to sour food There are also soft drinks that can erode the surface of your teeth, causing them to peel off. It is also the ทางเข้า ufabet number one cause. of the symptoms of tooth decay as well
- Brushing too hard / using a toothbrush with bristles that are too hard
If you brush your teeth too hard, for too long, or use a toothbrush with bristles that are too hard. Instead of teeth being as clean as you want It can cause the outer enamel to slowly fall off. It may also be the cause of receding gums. This accelerates the symptoms of tooth sensitivity even more.
Severe grinding of the teeth is one of the causes that may cause teeth to wear out without realizing it.
- Swim regularly
This one might be a little strange. But swimmers were found to have eroded and sensitive teeth from the teeth being eroded by water in the pool mixed with chlorine. Because chlorine has weak acidic properties. Therefore, it can erode the outer surface of the tooth enamel. If there is frequent contact
How to prevent tooth erosion and tooth sensitivity
- Avoid eating very sour food. You should not drink carbonated drinks regularly. Or after eating, you should quickly rinse your mouth with water. To prevent mild acid Stayed on the teeth for too long
- Avoid eating sticky foods. or too hard
- Choose a toothbrush with reasonably soft bristles. Not too hard Brush your teeth without being too heavy-handed. and brush your teeth properly How to brush your teeth is Brush from the base of the tooth where it meets the gums out to the tip of the tooth. These are the teeth on the brush from top to bottom. Lower teeth brush from bottom to top. Using gentle pressure with the brush
- Use toothpaste that contains ingredients to prevent tooth sensitivity.
- You shouldn’t brush your teeth immediately after eating. Especially food that has a strong sour taste. or a weak acid You should spit out the water immediately after eating. But you should wait at least 30 minutes before brushing your teeth. Because if you brush your teeth right away, it will easily cause tooth enamel to fall off.
- If you have a problem with bruxism You should consult a doctor.
- Wear dental protection while swimming.
- You should see your dentist every 6 months to check your dental health.